Better Living Together is a nonprofit organization comprised of a diverse group of parents, caregivers and individuals with disabilities in the greater Atlanta area. We have come together to address a critical need for affordable housing solutions that include people with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Our goal is to demonstrate the Feasibility of Inclusive Communities that:
• Include people with and without disabilities
• Are multi-generational
• Serve a range of income levels
• Bring together individuals who want to be connected to one another
• Offer affordable choices
• A cohousing community
• 24-30 units and a common area for group dinners and social activities
• Intended to primarily serve those earning 80-120% of Atlanta Metro Area Median
o 25% of units to be occupied by residents with I/DD
o 25% for seniors
o 50% for city workers, school employees, caring professionals, etc.
• Conventional ownership of units with a Home Owners Association
We are currently looking for land to build our envisioned community.