Who is working on the challenges of the aging population with I/DD?

Home Forums Managing Housing Options Who is working on the challenges of the aging population with I/DD?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Desiree Kameka 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Facebook Profile photo
    Shannon Doty
    Keymaster

Let us be known! What kind of work are you doing or planning on doing? Please share! Let’s connect!

Desiree Kameka
    Keymaster

As seniors with autism and I/DD age, their impairments may increase and the onset of dementia can force a move. Even if someone has lived semi-independently for years, moving to a group home or non-disability specific nursing facility may become their only option. Several service providers have realized how the change of environment, staff, and moving away from long-term roommates who can not visit regularly and may be the only family one has left as significantly impact those they serve. The following are a few service providers who have ventured out and created solutions so they could continue to serve and keep their clients as close to their community as possible: Marbridge Community, Brookwood Community, New Vista, and Noah Homes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.