A Forum for Discussing Special Needs Trusts, Microboards, Fiduciaries?

Home Forums Network Questions and Suggestions A Forum for Discussing Special Needs Trusts, Microboards, Fiduciaries?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Desiree Kameka 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

delboland
    Participant

Hi,

My wife and I are currently re-evaluating our son’s Special Needs Trust.  We paid a well respected attorney to create a Trust for David in Illinois, but we are now in Maryland.  Since we don’t have much family in the area, we’re also looking at alternatives, such as Pooled Special Needs Trusts, Microboards, etc.  Our concern is maintaining Trustees or Board Members who will serve David’s best interest.  Perhaps in our case, it makes more sense to go with a Pooled Special Needs Trust, but we might first explore a newly formed organization that would manage assets and manage care for a group of special needs adults.  I think it would be possible to partner with our friends at Thrivent Financial (a Fortune 500 Co. with solid ethics) along with a reputable law firm to create a sustainable group.  Just a thought.  This is an example of what I would like to discuss, if you create a new forum.

Kindest regards,

Del Boland

Desiree Kameka
    Keymaster

As requested, a new forum has been created. Feel free to start a thread or a few: http://www.autismhousingnetwork.org/forums/forum/financial-legal-planning-options/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.